Thursday, September 30, 2010

Simple, Perfect Enchiladas

So the Enchiladas were a success.  Sorry it took me so long to post this but I've been sick all week so I had to wait until tonight to make this dish. So let's get started.

I started with the sauce! I didn't really notice a huge difference with adding in the flour/canola oil rue mixture to begin with so I don't know if it was worth doing? Any thoughts?

Then the meat. I only had 1/2 pound of hamburger and since no one really likes onions I got rid of those. But let me tell you--the smell of the meat and the green chilies were divine! It smelled like a really Mexican restaurant.


I agree with Jacki that it was really difficult dipping the tortilla's in the enchilada mixture, but I stuck it out and did it anyways. This is worth getting messy for! I wish that I had used a more Mexican cheese mix other than just plain sharp, but it was still yummy.

 The picture above was before I poured the extra sauce on...which by the way was WAY too much extra. I like my enchiladas smothered, but I ended up scooping a lot off before putting it in the oven. This was another recipe where I had to cook them for longer and ended up turning up the oven to 375. Also since Doug doesn't like olives I had to leave them off part of them and then I had to make some without cheese for Paige and then I made some with just cheese for me. We're so picky! But everyone says that this recipe is definitely a keeper!


2 comments:

Leslee said...

Glad to hear you were able to please everyone with it. I agree with the flour and oil part of the sauce, I didn't notice that it made much difference.

Audrey said...

I'm going to be making the enchiladas this Sunday, so I am wondering if I should even do the oil & flour in the sauce. You & several others have mentioned that it didn't seem to make a difference. I'll think about it :). Your dish looked very tasty :)