Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Heidi's Chicken Spaghetti

We actually had this dish last week; but I didn't download the pics until now.  I forgot to take a picture of it after it was all cooked up; but here it is before I put it in the oven. 
I decided to go ahead and make on half now and freeze the other half for later.  I just put half (or close to) in 2 8x8 dishes and froze one.  I pretty much followed the recipe except that I omited the onion.  I probably won't put as much green pepper in next time either.  Kenton, Ashley and I really liked it.  Connor thought it was "okay" but there were too many green (peppers) and red (pimentos) things in there for him.  We sort of picked those out for him and he ate it pretty good.   It was pretty easy to fix but it does take a while.  The cooking and shredding of chicken took FOREVER and I started fixing it about 4:30 and we didn't eat until 7!  So I would recommend doing the chicken earlier in the day so you don't have to worry about getting it done in time for dinner.  It was very tasty though and I'll fix it again!

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for the pic, review and suggestion on the chicken cooking. We are planning on making this dish tonight.

Audrey said...

The dish looks tasty.. I am going to try and fix it this week. I just need to get to the store to get the ingredients :) Glad that I read your comments before I attempt to fix this, as I will do what you suggest about cooking the chicken beforehand.