Thursday, September 30, 2010

Audrey's Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes






















I decided to try the meatloaf and mashed potatoes tonight as Doug is out of town and doesn't like meatloaf. It was just Brock and I, so I have a lot of leftovers :) I followed the recipe for the meatloaf, but added extra hot sauce, but could have used even more, according to Brock. It was a very easy recipe to follow, which is good. I wasn't sure about all that parsley, as I am not a big fan of it, but it was very tasty cooked. I liked the flavor and thought that it was very moist. I also put it under the broiler for about 5 minutes to cook the bacon a bit more and help with the sauce on top. Brock wasn't too sure about eating the meatloaf, but he must have liked it fine, since he had 2nds :)
The mashed potatoes turned out well also. After reading others comments on the cream cheese being too rich, I cut back on the amount that I used. I thought that it had a good flavor, but they are rich. Normally I use my mixer to mash up the potatoes, but I used the potato masher and they turned out real well. I liked the potatoes fine with the meatloaf, but I think others in my family would be wondering where the gravy was :)

2 comments:

didi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
didi said...

Yep!!! where is the gravy???? Same here with my family. I am trying this dish this week, I think I will split into 2 meat loafs and take one to a family in our ward, they are having a baby this tuesday!!! I hope they like it.