Sunday, September 26, 2010

Leslee’s Enchiladas

I decided to make the enchiladas this afternoon for our Sunday meal.   I am glad I made them today because it took me a little while to assemble them and sometimes the weeknights are a little hectic!  Also this was one of those meals that left my kitchen pretty messy but it was fun to make and I felt like a “real cook.”  I pretty much just followed the recipe except I only used about half of the sauce I made.  It seemed like I had plenty on the dish so I didn’t add it all.  I am not the biggest fan of the taste of red enchilada sauce but besides that these enchiladas were pretty good.  I liked the step by step instructions for this one because for some reason I have trouble with making good looking enchiladas.  They were a little spicy, which was okay for us but I would recommend cutting back on the green chiles if you or your kids don’t like spicy things! Also I have never made enchiladas with ground beef, usually chicken or just cheese, but it was pretty tasty in there. 

IMG_7270

3 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Your meal looks very tasty. I am going to try and make it tonight or tomorrow night - thanks for all of the suggestions.

Heidi said...

Thanks for the tips on the chilies. Your enchiladas look very good.

Audrey said...

Your meal looked good as usual. This recipe looked somewhat involved. I don't think my guys will like the corn tortillas or the red enchilada sauce. They aren't too big on either of those things. I might have to make some changes to the recipe or I will have a lot of leftovers to eat :)