Friday, September 10, 2010

The Super Easy/Quick/Lazy Version of Chicken Spaghetti!

Okay, so I forgot all about taking pictures, but since I have a teething 6 month old I was just excited to find time to try this one out! Plus I'm really to lazy to make my own chicken stock and break down a chicken.

Since most of the family is gone I only wanted to make a half batch of this...it turned out to be the perfect size for a family of 5.
  • I started out with about a pound of chicken tenderloins and cooked them for 30 minutes and then set them aside. 
  • Then I cooked up a little bit more than 1/2 pound of thin spaghetti noodles in a premade chicken broth.
  • Since I don't like green peppers, onions, or pimentos, I excluded all of those. If I had had a chance to  go to the groccery store I probably would have substituted in like peas or broccoli.  
  • I used about 1 1/4 cups of the premade broth when mixing everything together. And I halfed all the spices except for the cayenne, I like the kick.
  • I only had colby-jack cheese so I mixed in about 1 1/2 cups into the mix--I like things cheesy!
  • Poured it into a glass pie pan and covered it with some more cheese and cooked it just like the directions said.
It turned out delish! I served it with my own corn muffin recipe, watermelon and green beans. It is definitely something I'll do again.

I'm looking forward to trying the cobbler recipe, but from the looks of it it doesn't quite strike me as a classic "southern" cobbler like I'm used to. It reminds me more of a buckle.

2 comments:

Leslee said...

The cobbler isn't quite the classic southern kind, it is maybe more gooey...but good! Your substitutions sound good, good idea to make it more simple.

Jacki's travels said...

Thanks for the review - yes, the recipe could definitely be simplified. Looking forward to your cobbler review.