Friday, September 17, 2010

Jacki’s Review of Meatloaf and Mashers

There were no complaints from our house last night when I made this meal for dinner.  I have to admit I was very hungry when I ate it but it really tasted good to me.    For the meatloaf I followed the recipe as written except I used dried parsley instead of fresh.  I also cooked it at 375 and a bit longer than an hour because it didn’t seem quite done enough at an hour.  The sauce was absolutely delicious!  I forgot to buy ketchup at the store so I was only able to make a third of the recipe which turned out fine but more would have been even better.  The meatloaf smelled wonderful cooking.   I am not a big mashed potatoes fan but these were really good and went well with the meatloaf.  The Lawry’s seasoning salt and the cream cheese added just a bit of a different flavor from regular mashers.  We ate them soon after I made them so I didn’t bake them in the oven.  Steamed fresh green beans completed our meal.  (and some French Silk ice cream for dessert:)  I would definitely make both of these recipes again.

Meatloaf ready for the oven.

 Jacki's Pics 412

Plated and ready to eat – absolutely delicious!

Jacki's Pics 413

2 comments:

Leslee said...

Looks mighty tasty. I am going to give this a try tonight. It is no wonder you didn't have ketchup since a little Summy was around there. From the sounds of it you probably didn't need to make a whole loaf anyways.

Jacki's travels said...

I made the whole meatloaf recipe because I didn't realize my ketchup deficit until after I had made it and was making the sauce. So, I just had enough sauce to put on top for the first coat but none for the second coat after 45 min of cooking and none for dipping. But, like I said, it turned out fine but next time I will make sure I have enough ketchup because the sauce was really yummy!