Monday, September 27, 2010

Peach Crisp

The kids and I made this earlier today for a Family Night dessert.  I haven’t been on the internet much but looked at this blog today and was feeling motivated.  Luckily I am the kind of person who just happens to have a giant container of heavy cream in the house.  You never know when it might come in handy.

It was great to have someone to tend the pot of cream while I did the rest.  First of all PW wasn’t joking when she said the maple cream is basically the best thing ever.  It was delicious.  For the crisp part I had five peaches that looked good but they were all  mushy inside so I use some canned peaches.  I have done this in the past too and I just drain them and there you have it.  I also did not have a lemon so I just used some lemon juice I had in the fridge. 

 IMG_2416

Here is the crisp ready to be cooked.  I actually put it in the fridge for awhile until I was ready to cook it.  That worked out just fine. IMG_2422

Max really enjoyed it as did the rest of us.  You can see he really feels like he conquered the dessert here.  

IMG_2425

5 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Such cute kitchen helpers! Yes, the maple cream was divine. I made mine tonight and will post about it tomorrow.

didi said...

Love seeing the kids, so, so cute!!! I am making this dish latter this week I'm still trying to recover from the last meal =;)

Heidi said...

I am pretty anxious to try the dessert out this week :) Looks like you have VERY good helpers.

Leslee said...

What cute helpers you have. Belle is quite a careful cook up there on the stove. Max looks like he showed that dessert who was boss. I need to get some of that maple syrup, I have never gotten the real thing before!

Audrey said...

What fun pictures! I love seeing the families involved. Thanks for the post. Dana & I are going to make it tuesday & I hope that it turns out good :)
Like Leslee, I don't normally by the pure maple syrup, but I bet it tastes real good.