Monday, September 27, 2010

Calorie Overload!!!!!!!!

Oh my, I felt like a hypocrite teaching my class this morning telling everyone to control their calorie intake…… My arteries are still trying to function as I type our review…….The boys LOVED IT!!!!!!!! Every single bite, especially after fast Sunday!!!….. I don’t use Lawry’s salt so I looked up the ingredients online and made my own, very easy.
The gravy was definitely too thick so I added 2 cups of chicken broth and that was perfect. I also seasoned the beef overnight since we were going to be in church all morning and I like more flavor in my dishes. I kept the mashed potatoes light with “can’t believe it’s not butter”, half 1% milk and half chicken broth. Alexandro made a delicious salad dressing with balsamic vinegar and tossed it with butter lettuce pears and feta cheese. We also had a side of sautéed asparagus in garlic and olive oil. It was definitely a very rich meal for us. Not sure I can make this dish too often.

Lawry's The Original Seasoned Salt Ingredients:
Salt, Sugar, Paprika, Turmeric, Onion, Cornstarch (I left this out), Garlic.


















The cobbler was so EASY!!!!! Love the simplicity or it…. Don’t want to know how many calories on this one!!!! I had some apples and blueberries that need to be used so into the cobbler they went…. We had ours with vanilla ice cream, can’t wait to make this again with blackberries. This recipe is a keeper!!!!

4 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Ingrid, I can tell this is your post by the georgous stove top and counter tops! How did the family like the chicken fried steak? - looks good!

Audrey said...

You made it look so easy :). Very nice pictures. We also liked the cobbler. I made that yesterday(Sunday) also.

Leslee said...

Hahah yes it was a calorie dense meal for sure! The boys look pretty excited dishing it up:) I ended up trying the dessert again with some peaches and it worked really well. I think you can probably just throw any fruit in it!

Jacki's travels said...

Yes, there is nothing low calorie about this cookbook but oh-so-good! I figure it is just one night a week so that helps to space it out:) Yes, the boys look like they are happy about the meal! Good job on the lighter potatoes and salad.