Friday, September 24, 2010

Leslee's Meal

Wow, I guess last night was the night for chicken fried steak! I made this meal as well last night.  We had a busy evening and I didn't get started on it until 8pm but luckily it came together pretty quickly. I used rice flour in place of the regular flour and that worked just fine.  I dipped the steaks in the egg mixture once and the flour mixture once before placing in the pan.  I feel like I had to cook mine longer than she said but maybe I over cooked them? I was a little leery of the gravy since I never seem to make it right but the directions were good for this.  I probably could have added a little more milk but tried to add lots of salt and pepper for flavor.  I served this with oven fries, since I was a little lazy to whip up the mashed potatoes:) 
Sean and I both like this meal.  I had never had chicken fried steak before and thought that I wouldn't like it so I was surprised.  Excellent choice Audrey!

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Your meal looked so good. The oven fries looked liked a good side to go with the meat & fresh fruit. I need to try that sometime :)

Heidi said...

The oven fries are a great idea! It would never fly in my house though :)
i have decided that I almost always have to add more milk than I think to the gravy to keep it from not thickening up too much.