Thursday, September 2, 2010

PW recipes for the week of 9/5

Well, I first want to say how excited I am about this cookbook.  This is much more the style of cooking that my little family (husband) likes.  :)  In fact, her chicken fried steak and my chicken fried steak recipe are the same!  When this cookbook came in the mail (I love Amazon) I thought I'd flip through it to look at a few of the recipes.  An hour later I had read the whole thing!  I loved  her stories and how each recipe had a story.  Great job to whoever picked this cookbook!!  We had some friends over last Saturday and I fixed the stuffed jalapenos and the twice baked potatoes from the cookbook.  They were both a hit and tasted great!  They drew rave reviews from everyone (including Kenton and that's saying something).  I forgot to take pictures though...  Anyhow... on to this week's recipes.  I went ahead and picked two since that it kind of what we did with the last cookbook; but we might only want to do one at a time since there aren't as many.

Chicken Spaghetti:  page 130-131. 
I am actually making this for dinner tonight so it worked out perfectly that I am first since I had already planned to have this meal this week. 

Patsy's Blackberry Cobbler:  page 212-213

Happy cooking!!! 

3 comments:

Nika said...

looks good. I know Sterling will really like this cookbook too.

Jacki's travels said...

I am really looking forward to these recipes - sound tasty! Leslee came up with the cookbook idea. Glad to hear you have already had success with the book. I enjoyed reading it as well. Makes me want to move to an Oklahoma ranch.....almost. We figured the men might enjoy the recipes in this book a little more.

Heidi said...

Just move to OK.. you don't need to live on a ranch :)