Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fish and chips in Oregon














Ok, today we finally had the fish and chips….It sure was a good meal, very easy and quick to make.
I did not have cod fish so I used some Opah (http://www.hawaii-seafood.org/opah.html) One of our favorite fish that we always have in the freezer.
I did not get to read everyone's blog until after we had the dinner so I was not sure of what to expect. I decided to cook everything in one dish since I was trying to get dinner ready quickly, Leon and Christopher had to go to a Priesthood meeting and we needed to have dinner ready pronto!!!

I seasoned the potatoes with salt and pepper and olive oil baked it for 10 minutes and placed the fish on top of the potatoes and baked the whole thing for thirty minutes while I made the salad. I seasoned the fish with some garlic as well, the dish seamed a bit blunt to me. + The fish stayed nice and moist but it did not get crispy. Leon and the boys really liked the vinegar honey sauce.
Alexandro enjoyed making the salad dressing and we added a very delicious blue cheese. The roasted tomatoes had a really good flavor but we all decided that the dressing was a bit too strong and next time I will only use half of it the lettuce was saturated in it and we couldn’t really eat very much of it.

3 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Your meal looks delicious, Ingrid and my those boys look handsome. I agree that the salad dressing was a bit strong but I just needed to put less on also. Thanks for the excellent review and pictures.

Leslee said...

Ingrid that was a good idea to cook it all together. It looked like it cooked up nicely. I think we just drizzled the dressing on top so there wasn't quite as much. Your boys are looking very handsome indeed:)

didi said...

Thanks guys....Alexandro helped with the cooking, he cut his finger while slicing the tomatoes and was very upset that he "ruined the dinner" after lots of TLC from Dad he got over it and put the salad dressing together and helped set up the table...Yes I am in big trouble with my good looking boys, so far so good no girls calling yet =;)