Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Leslee’s “Fish” n Chips

I am not a huge seafood fan and I have never cooked it so I figured I should be brave and try it this week but…I didn’t. I opted for chicken and felt like it worked well.  I used chicken breast but pounded it out a bit to make it thinner. I also used rice flour instead of regular flour to make it gluten free.  I often make fries similar to the ones in the recipe so I was excited to see them in there.  I used a mix of sweet potatoes and regular potatoes to add some variety.  I think I had to bake everything a lot longer than was listed but it was probably because of the chicken. 

The salad was a perfect addition to the main dish.  I used a bigger tomato instead of a grape tomato and omitted the blue cheese. 

IMG_3914 

Both Sean and I really liked this meal.  Summy was a little disappointed when she realized the chicken wasn’t chicken nuggets. The salad was quite delicious and dressing went perfectly with the tomatoes.  The chicken cooked up nicely but I can see how the coating would work better on fish.  It turned out to be a big and filling meal!

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Very nice plate presentation. I liked your addition of sweet potatoes to the fries.

didi said...

Leslee I like how you were able to be so creative with this recipe. I may try that with chicken too.