Sunday, October 11, 2009

Ingrid's Curry and fruit Crumble











We had the Stew/Curry on Tuesday night, but I did not have time to post it until today.
Alexandro absolutely love it. I am not a big fan of Celery, to me it overpowers the other flavors and I wanted to taste more like an Asian dish, and according to my Chinese/Thai friends celery is not part of their vegetables, they only use it in America as "fillers", it is cheap and for restaurant owners that's great besides the fact that it adds great color and Americans love the taste.... Anyway I did not add celery. I only used 1 1/2 cup of chicken broth since I wanted mine to be thick, it was perfect!!!!!
I also like to saute the garlic and onion before adding anything to the pot it sure gives the food a very rich flavor.














My neighbor gave us a huge basket with eggplants I made a delicious stir fry with oyster sauce, garlic and ginger, it was the perfect accompaniment....














We got some big ripe peaches from the farmers market, it was their last day!!!! we all enjoyed it very much with some vanilla ice cream. Loved the pecans in there I decided to add a bit extra.














1 comment:

Jacki's travels said...

Everything looked delicious! That is interesting about the celery. Your eggplant dish looked and sounded very yummy too. Thanks for the review. I am looking forward to trying something new this next week.