Friday, October 30, 2009

Heidi's Turkey and Potatoes

Tonight we had the turkey and potatoes. All I could find at my store was turkey tenderloins so we used that and it was marinated already in the package with a rotisserie flavor. I followed the recipe and just used a white cooking wine that I found at the grocery store. I actually used green onions instead of shallots though. I couldn't find fresh tarragon so I bought some dried and just used 1 tspn. I cooked it for about 50 minutes or so and when I took it out of the oven it was pretty runny so I made a quick gravy while the turkey was resting. (thanks to the previous posters who said this would be tasty!). I also fixed some green beans with velveeta cheese (a staple at my house to help Connor and Ashley eat their green beans). I got the usual "fine" from Kenton and Connor ate it holding his nose (this time I got a pic!). Ashley ate most of the meat and some of the potatoes. I thought it was pretty good. I think that the tarragon flavor was a little strong for my family so I might not use that next time and maybe some garlic and basil or something not quite so strong of flavor. I loved the fact that this was so easy to prepare and and you just put it in the oven.

Getting ready to put it in the oven...

Ready to eat...

Connor eating a bite... unfortunately this is how a lot of his bites are eaten.

4 comments:

Nika said...

That boy is too funny. I am glad it turned out.

Leslee said...

Connor is funny! I am glad yours turned out well.

Leslee said...

Connor is funny! I am glad yours turned out well.

Jacki's travels said...

I am really glad you were finally able to capture Connor in action for us! Good job on whipping up the gravy. Thanks for the review and the suggestions.