Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Leslee’s Fruit Crumble

Last night I decided to give the fruit crumble a try.  We had apples on hand so I decided to use those.  It was a mixture of gala and golden delicious apples.  It took a while to do all that peeling and slicing but the rest of the recipe was very easy.  To make this gluten free so that I could enjoy it I used gluten free oats and rice flour.  Because of the flour’s purpose in this recipe it didn’t effect the recipe or taste. 

IMG_3836

The baking dish that I used might have been a little big because it was a pretty thing layer of fruit.  I guess it cooked faster that way.

IMG_3839

Summer and I shard a little bowl with a dollop of whipped cream on top.

IMG_3851

Summer loved it and kept asking for more! I think she ate a good portion of the pan! Sean and I both enjoyed it too! I would like to try it again with peaches.  It was a very easy and tasty recipe!

4 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

The pictures look very yummy. I am excited to try it tonight. I will use frozen peaches though. Stay tuned for my review soon.

Heidi said...

Looks Delish! Question... do you usually find the coconut milk by the evaporated milk? I went to get the veggies for the stew tomorrow and I couldn't find it. I'll try Target this afternoon when I pick up Connor and hopefully have better luck.

Jacki's travels said...

I found the coconut milk in the Asian food section. It wasn't by the evaporated milk. Hope you find it.

Heidi said...

Thanks Jacki! I found it yesterday afternoon.