Friday, October 16, 2009

Nika’s Try at This Weeks Recipes

 

Last night I made the side dish to go with a sundried tomato, pine nut  pasta dish I was making.  I used eggplant instead of brussel sprouts because that is what I had.  I would like to try it with the brussel sprouts sometime though.  It was really tasty and I think this is the best way to fix eggplant (well, aside from it being breaded and fried in eggplant parmesan…)  Anyway, Sterling even sampled a little piece and it didn’t kill him so I guess it was good.  Max and Belle tried some to.  Tonight I made the pork dish.    I had some bone-in chops in the freezer so I decided to use those.  Following Ingrid’s example Sterling grilled them.  Belle and I made the Chutney and it was so very very good.  I do not generally care for pork chops, but this made it all fine.  Next time I make pork chops I will definitely serve it with this again.  I think it would be great on any kind of meat and I highly recommend everyone to try it.  I only added about 3/4 of a teaspoon of cumin though and I thought that it was a perfect amount.    Other than that I followed the recipe exactly. 

 

IMG_7717

IMG_7722 IMG_7706

4 comments:

didi said...

Looks great!!!! The fruit salad was a great addition...

Leslee said...

Looks very tasty!

Leslee said...

We were planning on making these dishes last night but I was sick all weekend. I will have to get it done this week with the new recipes. I am excited two have two new meals this week!

Heidi said...

Looks good Nika! We had pork chops last night; but I couldn't find any rhubard at the store (either fresh or frozen) so we will have to wait to try the chutney...