Thursday, October 15, 2009

I am so sorry to take so long to post our results this week, I got all the ingredients on Monday and was ready to cook but Leon was stuck at work until late, Tuesday Leon had a meeting to attend after work and since he was the one who selected the recipes I wanted to make it when he would be home. So finitely last night we got to have it made.
Delicious, delicious, delicious…. Everyone loved it. What a pretty dish!!!!
Leon had to go pick up Christopher from soccer and I had to leave before they got home so grilling was the way to go. I purchased some center rib pork chops that were on sale, they were so moist and tender it was perfect.

For the Chutney, I misread the recipe and assumed that I would need both types of apples, I could not find McIntosh so I got some brae burn and ended up using both brae burn and granny smith. I also used the frozen rhubarb. While cooking the chutney I tasted and though it was way too sweet, but when you eat it with the pork it is delicious.
I was anxious to use some sun dried tomatoes that I got in Malta a couple years ago, it has a very long shelf life and I was really curios about the Mediterranean tomato taste. I didn’t realize that the sun dried tomatoes were preserved in sea salt as well as a result the dish was a bit salty, I did not have to use as much sun dried tomatoes, oh well now I know…. I also decided to use some good quality olive oil since to tomatoes had very little oil on them. The rich tomato taste was amazing with the Brussels sprouts.

To serve I decided to pan roast some baby potatoes in olive oil, sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.
I will definitely make this dish again it was so easy and it sounds very gourmet.





2 comments:

Nika said...

I have some nice looking bone-in pork chops that I have been wanting to use so I am going to do that instead of the pork tenderloin, although that is on sale around here too. It looks so good. I think I will try potatoes with mine too.

Jacki's travels said...

It looks very yummy, Ingrid. I do imagine those little new potatoes were good with it. Thanks for the review and pics. Leon's requests were very tasty.