Sunday, October 11, 2009

Nika's Fruit Crumble

I finally made the fruit crumble on Thursday night. I decided to try canned peaches since I had them on hand and they would require much less prep work. It turned out great. I had the whole thing together in about 3 minutes. I just drained the peaches in a colander over the sink while I was mixing up the topping and then assembled it. I didn't use nuts so that also saved on prep time. I didn't have any and Sterling doesn't like them (crazy, I know) so it worked out. I did serve it with some butter pecan ice cream though and it was perfect so I think next time I make it I will add pecans to the topping. I will keep this in mind for a quick dessert.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

We didn't add nuts to ours either. Just like Sterling, Kenton doesn't like nuts either. What is with them?!

Leslee said...

All these picky husbands:) Just kidding, I am not a big fan of nuts either. Good to know about the peaches.

didi said...

Plenty of nuts over here.....hahahaha

Jacki's travels said...

Yummy - sounds good. I am glad to know the canned peaches worked out well too.