Thursday, October 22, 2009

Jacki’s Fish and Chips, Salad

Last night we had “the meal”.  Everything had a really good flavor and I enjoyed the meal.  I used cod for the fish which worked out really well.  It was fresh and mild.  The batter tasted good but it never really browned up or crisped up like I thought it would.  I guess that is where the frying comes in handy!  I would like to try frying it sometime with the same recipe.  This would be a good recipe to watch Robin make on her TV show to see how she does it and what the finished product looked like.  The fries were good and I liked the honey vinegar – a healthy alternative to tartar sauce.  I really liked the mix of the roasted cherry tomatoes and blue cheese for the salad.  The roasting really brought out the flavor in the tomatoes and I liked the dressing as well.   A tasty meal!  I am looking forward to trying a new recipe next week.

 Jacki's Pics 297Jacki's Pics 298

5 comments:

Leslee said...

Looks like a fine meal. Your french fries are so neatly cute, they look like the steak fries in a bag!

Heidi said...

No kidding - the do look like steak fries! :) Good job chef Jacki.

Jacki's travels said...

Well...nothing but the finest for my man after a hard day of work:)

Nika said...

maybe she bought them....jk

didi said...

ha, ha, ha Maybe I shuld buy mine too!!!!! Very "neat presentantion"