Wednesday, October 28, 2009















Ok, Today was the day to make the Turkey since we have the rest of the evenings this week pretty booked with activities.
I was excited to try this recipe so I could use some of my fresh tarragon from my herb garden. I decided to use Turkey breast and to marinate it in a Braine (http://www.bbq-porch.org/brining01.htm) made with the shallots chopped, dry white wine, chicken broth, cider vinegar, fresh tarragon, salt and pepper. I used the Magic bullet to blend it up and it was perfect. I placed the Turkey in a Ziploc bag and left it in the refrigerator all day turning once in a while (Every time I remembered when I opened the refrigerator) I was surprised on the amount of broth!!!! I ended up making gravy and the boys enjoyed it very much over the potatoes, it was very flavorful.















I decided to serve the meal with a salad with pears and blue cheese (From last week). It was perfect. I am not sure when I will make the salad since I won’t be cooking for the rest of the week with Halloween dinners and end of soccer season dinner. I may just have to try it some time after thanksgiving when I get some left over Turkey, I don’t cook Turkey very often.
This sure was an easy dish to make and I would definitely make this brine again and even used it on a whole Turkey, the fresh tarragon is a must.

3 comments:

Leslee said...

Looks good! We thought we needed gravy so good thinking ahead! I am also impressed that you used your own freshly grown Tarragon.

Jacki's travels said...

Your meal looked beautiful - and so did your homegrown tarragon! Good idea to marinate the meat in the broth too. Thanks for the great review and suggestions.

Heidi said...

I am thinking that Kenton will probably need a gravy too. Look very good!